Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oui oui poo poo!

Of all the languages I think French sounds the sexiest. I know some like Italian and others like the posh pom but I like French, tres chic! No surprise then that I love French music and I am so into it right now. It is great to listen to at work because unless you can understand French you have no idea what they are saying and don't feel as compelled to sing-a-long (inappropriate in my office unfortunately!).

French music favs are the "So Frenchy So Chic" compilations, they are the unofficial soundtrack to the Alliance Francaise French Film Festival and include songs by Jane Birkin, Camille, Emilie Simon, Jacqueline Taieb... Disc 1 of the 2006 compilation is my favourite I think... Nicolas Repac's "La Nuit Mene Une Existence Obscure" is short but soooo sweet!

I like...




She the First Lady of France, after marrying French President Nicolas Sarkozy but in another life she is a singer with the sweetest voice!
You would have heard this girl before! Her single "Ta Douleur" was an international success and was featured on a Ministry of Sound Chill Out compilation Vol 9!




Emilie Simon, even if you don't like her music (you will) her album covers are great!

No comments: