Monday, September 14, 2009

Orange Aura

I was recently told my aura is orange. Apparently an orange aura means I’m positive and seductive which is certainly the opposite of how I have been feeling lately. This got me thinking, am I making the most of this orange aura or is it going to waste and about to slip from my orange fingers (a result of a bad fake tan job and unfortunately not part of the aura thing). How do I make this aura work for me?

Its quite handy having an orange aura in the lead up to summer. It would be a shame to have to waste an orange aura during winter - it does look great with a tan! Orange is one of those colours people tend to shy away from. It looms large and bright and tends to remind us of hare krishnas and women from the Gold Coast with leather skin and for whom “coral”, that colour between orange and pink, is a favourite. Eck! The thing is that orange is for want of a better description “hot” and very wearable, I’m serious! It has a luxurious quality, just think Hermes, and can be mixed with many colours. I have the most gorgeous See by Chloe print dress that mixes orange with yellow, grey and black – the dress would be nothing without the orange. The Australian label Ginger and Smart did a great orange leather mini that just goes and goes and goes, and you really can’t go this summer without an orange leather bangle by House of Harlow or CC Syke and if you’re lucky in ceramic by Hermes.

I’m not sure whether you can obtain an orange aura by wearing orange but I reckon its worth a try. There is nothing like a little orange to help exude confidence, portray positivity and appear seductive even if you’re not feeling it – fake it all the way!

Hermes ceramic bangle

Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear



Orange on the streets - If my orange aura were an outfit this is what it would be!



House of Harlow - orange leather Aztec bangle


Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear


Images: iofferstores.com, jak and jil, http://www.bunnyhug.co.uk/, style.com

No comments: